The annual Bike Month Bash at The Lafayette Hotel will take place on June 4th, 2016, rain or shine, starting and finishing once again at The Lafayette Hotel in North Park, San Diego. Riders will have the opportunity to enjoy the complete Lafayette Hotel experience.
The Bike Bash Ride
—A 15-mile ride that takes riders through the historic neighborhoods of North Park, Hillcrest, Normal Heights & City Heights. The rest stop will be at The Lafayette Hotel after the ride.
Registration and Fees:
What's Included in the Entry Registration?
- Registration online only through June 2nd.
- Kids are more than welcome. Kids under 15 are free.
- Early registrants fee is $20 (for BikeSD members) and $25 for non-members before May 31st and $30 (for BikeSD members) and $35 for non-members after May 31st.
- On Site Registration: from 8:30 to 9:45am.
- Those who do not register early may register in person at the Lafayette Hotel parking lot. On site registration is $40. NOTE: Cash or credit card only.
- No refunds will be given.
- Ride will be held rain or shine.
- Free admission to the Weissmuller Pool after the ride
- Free first beverage courtesy of Sailor Jerry
- Happy volunteers and ride marshals to cheer you along the ride.
The ride begins and ends at the historic Lafayette Hotel, home of the famed Weissmuller Pool. The route goes through historic neighborhoods of North Park, Hillcrest, Normal Heights & City Heights.
Parking: There is plentiful (and free) street parking near The Lafayette Hotel. But you are encouraged to carpool, take transit or be bold: and ride to the ride!
Event Proceeds: Proceeds from the event benefit BikeSD, a non-profit bike advocacy organization working to make the city of San Diego a world-class city for bicycling.
What we support:
Your registration fees pay for all expenses related to supporting the ride and the post-ride party. Our “profits” support the following:
All Riders Must
- Electing bike-friendly candidates to city council!
- BikeSD. This year we are working to make El Cajon Boulevard a safer place to ride, walk, and play. Proceeds from the ride go toward supporting the push to get protected bike lanes on El Cajon Boulevard.
Post-Ride Pool Party:
- Start at the designated time, or no later than 10 a.m.
- Bring a well-equipped bicycle in good working condition and extra cash.
- Bring sunscreen and a swim suit and lots of smiles.
The Lafayette Pool will host our post-ride party at no cost to Bike Bash registered participants. Your family and friends may join you for $15 per person. Live music will be provided from noon to 3 p.m by DJ luna beets. Bring along some extra cash to enjoy the food by Chef Ryan Gilbert. Regional micro-brews will also be available for the beer lovers in the crowd. The cash bar will be open.
The Lafayette Hotel will have rooms available for registered riders so plan to come and make a weekend of it! For more lodging information, call 619-296-2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't forget to wear your BikeSD t-shirt (or tank top)! We will be selling them at the start of the ride!
- 100s of friendly riders
- Route is very flat and through some of San Diego's most historic neighborhoods
- The ride begins and ends at the historic Lafayette Hotel, home to the famed Weissmuller Pool. The route goes through historic neighborhoods of North Park, Hillcrest, Normal Heights & City Heights.
- Free pool admission (worth $15) to cool down after the ride
- First beverage is free to cool down after the ride
How the Ride Works
- 8:30 am: Rider check-in opens
- 9:45 am: Check-in closes
- 10:00 am: The Bike Month Bash Riders depart!
- Riders are due back to the starting point back around 12:00 pm.
- We ride no matter what the weather is (perfect or less than perfect).
- The ride will be at family-friendly pace (in other words, slow). This is not a race.
- Here is what the route looks like. Ride marshalls will be riding on the ride, so you can ride safely.